One Day CPD Workshops for working with Eating Disorders
These One Day Workshops will be of interest to those health professionals faced with the growing problem of working with overweight/obese clients or clients that appear to be preoccupied with weight issues/poor body image. Also those who present as underweight/food restricting/purging.
CPD Working with Obesity - looking at Food Addiction and Binge Eating Disorder
Aims and Objectives
To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity and how this programme can be integrated and delivered to this specific client group as follows:
- Look at the similarities between substance abuse and Binge Eating Disorder (BED) aka Compulsive Overeating.
- Understanding and demonstration of The Cycle of Addiction.
- Essential features of BED/Assessment tool for BED.
- Bingeing and Bulimia.
- How does Group Therapy help?
- The solution: Investigate family history of eating, relationship with food, attitude towards weight and body image, build on self-esteem, encourage openness, honesty and acceptance, motivate willingness to change, plan and structure food/meals & physical activity, discover behaviours and thought processes that tend to pre-empt a binge, investigate other obsessive behaviours, learn about triggers, implement tools to aid recovery.
- An introduction and overview of the 12-Step Facilitation Model and its value as a support during and after therapeutic treatment.
- Interactive Workshop.
CPD Workshop - Understanding Anorexia and Bulimia. How can we support and work with sufferers?
Aims and Objectives
To gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of Anorexia and Bulimia
To gain knowledge of the 12-step model for use in treatment
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of Anorexia (DSM V reference)
- Characteristics of Bulimia (DSM V reference)
- Research - anorexia and addiction
- Cycle of Addiction and its correlation to anorexia/bulimia
- Attachment Theory relating to eating disorders
- Case Study
- 12 Step Model and its correlation to the Nice Guidelines for working with Eating Disorders.
- Steps 1-12 summarised.
- Lily's poem
Handouts will be provided and 5 hour CPD Certificates issued for each course.
Please email Rochelle Craig, Click here for further information on course dates and venues.
Full payment of £75-00 is required in order to secure a place. Cancellation policy is 7 days in order to receive a full refund.
CPD TRAINING - OUTREACH
I also present the full one day workshop at a venue of your choice and hosted by you.The fee for this service is £300 for up to 20 people and £350 for 21-30 people.
From these Training Courses The Living Room Charity will receive 10% of the profits.